What is Python?
Python is a widely used high level (refers to strong abstraction from the details of the computer) programming language (refers to instruction for a computer) used for general purpose programming.
What are the versions of python ?
There are three families of version
1. Python 1.x
2. Python 2.x - Latest stable release of this is 2.7.14
3. Python 3.x - Latest stable release of this is 3.6.3
Click Here for complete release version history in the link below
Advantages of python :-
1. Easy syntax
2. Readability - Easy to understand the code
3. High level language support
4. Object oriented
5. It's free
6. Cross platform
7. Wide usage like programming, scripting, testing, system, network, web programming etc
8. Rich libraries
9. Extensible - (include DB, other languages etc)
10. Interpreted - Execute code without compiling
11. Dynamically typed - No variables declaration is required
12. Usually less code compared to other languages
13. Scale complex application easily
14. Easy coding - Implement things easily compared to other languages
15. Interactive - Command line shell which gives immediate feedback for each statement
Disadvantages of python :-
1. Memory insentive tasks not preferable
2. Mobile development not preferable
3. Slow - Execution of python programs
4. Difficulty in learning other languages - Usually python programmers find difficulty in learning other languages due to python syntax
5. Run time errors - Errors show up when the applications are finally run.
6. Database access complexity compared to other languages